[opencms-dev] Still confusing to me: Createing a new project

Björn Aberti bjoern_al at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:07:00 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm so far that I want to create a new test homepage. I've done the examples
of the template meshanism and now want to create a hp with navigation (the
example).

This first project has a folder 'Home' where I have placed my html files for
the template examples. I've also created an index.html file in this folder.
This Home directory is in the root folder as it should be if I'm informed
correctly.

When I created the new project for my first homepage, I also have choosen
the '/' (root) folder. Now I want to have an 'home' folder for this project,
too. So I have to use the folder of the existing project, since I cannot
have two equal named folders in the root directory. As you would see, I have
a big problem to create another 'index.html' file in there since there is
the index.html file from the first project.

So I created a sub directory, for example /firstProject/, which is now the
root folder for my new project. There's the next problem since I don't have
access to the folder 'system' and all its subfolders so I'm not able to
create templates.

Could anybody explain how to create a project and how to deal with the
folders? I think this should also be part of the documentation.

Best regards

Björn