[opencms-dev] unknown symbol "request" error

Alexander Langer al at al-arenal.de
Thu Jul 10 23:02:01 CEST 2003

Hi there!

I got the following structure:

test.jsp uses template testtemplate.jsp which includes methods.jsp (via
<%@ include file="methods.jsp" %> ). methods.jsp just has some
methods in it, I use in the template for displaying weekday and date.
Now I created a method which should output some html-code. This method
works with the Titel property of test.jsp. At least, it should.

test.jsp contains these lines to pass the title to the tamplate:

<cms:include property="template" element="head">
  <cms:param name="__title"><cms:property name="Title" /></cms:param>
</cms:include>

And methods.jsp contains a line

String title = request.getParameter("__title");

and here I always get the 'cannot resolve symbol error'. But request
should be predefined, so what's going wrong? I also encounter this
error when testing with a line like this

com.opencms.flex.jsp.CmsJspActionElement cms = new com.opencms.flex.jsp.CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);

Then, it cannot resolve request and response.

I looked at the scriptlet example source code and can't find what I'm doing
different/wrong.

al
--
Alexander Langer