[opencms-dev] Content Syndication in OpenCMS

Ratko Kovacina ratko at mosili.com
Sun Jul 13 09:06:02 CEST 2003

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Nicolas, the RSS library/toolkit you were using was RSS4j or it was
something else? And your quick solutions include out- and inbound
syndication, right?

However, I was rather thinking about some kind of inherent support for
content syndication within the OpenCMS solution. Probably support for
RSS compatible would be the best one to choose presently.

Basically, even though it might be an easy thing to do,  I believe
having something like a module would be better solution. Since a
syndication becoming 'default' feature of a CMS, I think the community
should consider having this functionality somehow integrated into
OpenCMS as well. Again, having support for the syndication will
definitely make OpenCms more valuable as a CMS solution in general...

I am not sure what it should include but inbound and outbound RSS
compatibility, template for different sources etc. are the obvious ones
to begin with ... Matt,  would you have some more ideas/suggestions
about what else should be included, what functionalities to support
etc?

Cheers,
Ratko.

--