[opencms-dev] Problem for (re)starting OpenCms

David Seikel david.seikel at icemedia.com.au
Mon Jul 14 04:45:01 CEST 2003

M Butcher wrote:
> This is interesting. I've not seen this behavior on either of my two
> servers, but I'm getting ready to roll one out, and you have me worried,
> now.
>
> What versions of Tomcat, JDK, and MySQL are you all running? What OS?

Note that I saw this problem in my development box both before and after
a change of OS, and while I cannot remember the details of the versions
used in the previous OS, it is likely to be the same as the staging server.

Development box -
SuSE Linux 8.2
MySQL 3.23.55-20
Tomcat 4.1.18-25
JDK Sun 1.4.1

Staging server -
Red Hat Linux 8.0
MySQL 3.23.52-3
Tomcat 4.1.18
JDK Sun 1.4.1

To re-iterate, I suspect it is related to the Tomcat manager restart
webapp command, I only seem to see the problem after I have done that
rather than a complete restart of Tomcat.