[opencms-dev] Using A_OpenCms.log

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed Jul 16 23:53:01 CEST 2003

In working on my search module, I came across some logging stuff that I
can't quite figure out.

Since I'm writing a module, I figured the appropriate log channels to
use were the A_OpenCms.C_MODULE_* channels, e.g.
A_OpenCms.log(A_OpenCms.C_MODULE_INFO, "This is an info message");

However, those never showed up in the log file. I double checked the
opencms.properties file to make sure that those channels were logging
(i.e. set to true), and they were.

So... I decided to test with the C_OPENCMS_* channels, and those worked
just fine.

I have two questions:

1) Should I be using the C_MODULE_* channels for messages from modules?

2) Is there something additional that I need to do to enable those
channels (other than mess around with the properties file)?

Thanks.

Matt
--
M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>