[opencms-dev] Lucene search module

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Tue Jul 22 08:19:01 CEST 2003

For those of you interested, I've released a Lucene-based search module
under the GPL v.2 license. al-arenal.de has it up already (including
source and Javadoc links), and I've also submitted it to the module
sandbox on OpenCMS.org

http://opencms.al-arenal.de/

What it does (in a nutshell):

The module uses the Apache Lucene search engine (part of Jakarata) to
create search indexes of Resources (admin-specified, of course) in the
OpenCMS online project. There is a small utility class (SearchHelper)
and a simple search JSP (elements/simpleSearch.jsp) that provide the
necessary components to build a user interface, and you may also use the
Lucene APIs to create a more powerful UI, if you prefer.

There is no admin interface currently, and the indexing is currently
done via a "Scheduled Task". If you install it, make sure you read the
docs/README.txt after importing with module management.

Please email this list with questions, etc. I welcome feedback, patches,
and suggestions.

I would like to thank Niklas Eklund, Bryan LaPlante and Paul D. Bain for
their interest and help, as well as the others on the list who took time
to answer some of my questions.

Enjoy!

Matt Butcher
Global Resources for Computing