[opencms-dev] Stylesheet !!! URGENT !

Thomas Corte Thomas.Corte at knipp.de
Wed Jul 23 18:36:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

Thomas März wrote:

> No. But you can /overwrite/ the WYSIWYG styles in your CSS file. For
> example set styles for the tag <h1> ... <h6> and what you see is what
> you get. This is not sufficient for everyone, but one solution.

Ok, but there seems to be no way to assign styles to entire table cells
or rows (*not* simply the content), e.g. to achieve a certain background
color or similar. And I cannot simply assign a global style to the <tr>
or <td> tag, because this would affect other (page layout oriented)
tables too.
Moreover, it seems to be impossible to duplicate existing table rows in
the editor. Therefore, I cannot even duplicate a row which has already
the style I want. :-((

So I cannot achieve a sophisticated page design without editing HTML
directly - the one thing I want to prevent by using a CMS :-(((

>>If should be no way to attach styles to
>>certain HTML elements, doesn't this render the WYSIWYG editor
>>virtually useless for non-technical personnel?
>
> Or see it this way: non-technical persons can't cause too many
> problems. Tell them to use the dropdown-lists, and for your
> table-problem use the HTML-gallery.

Unfortunately, the HTML gallery doesn't work either (see my previous
post 'how  do HTML galleries work?').

    |       |
    | knipp |                  Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
     -------                          Technologiepark
                                      Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                      D-44227 Dortmund
    Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Corte        Fon: +49-231-9703-0
    Thomas.Corte at knipp.de             Fax: +49-231-9703-200