[opencms-dev] Module for automating the publication and unpub lication of conten ts

Apostoly Guillaume ApostolyG at mail.europcar.com
Fri Jul 25 15:19:01 CEST 2003

Hi all, hi Olli,

Ok, so a little feed back about my experience with Olli's module for
start_date/expiry_date.

Everything works fine, and it's easy to implement. Just great.
The only problem is :

The module is provided with a replacement to workplace.properties, wich is
normally imported into
/system/modules/org.opencms.default/classes/com/opencms/workplace/ by the
script Olli provides.
On my installation, I don't know why, but the workplace.properties, seen
correctly under the administration module, is never published to the
filesystem, and so never loaded (=> there are missing properties, and the
creation screen is scrambled).

Putting the workplace.properties into my own module (or I suppose the module
provided by Olli) solves the problem (cause the file is actually copied to
the filesystem, hence seen by the classloader).
/system/modules/com.europcar.com/classes/com/opencms/workplace/worplace.prop
erties.

Maybe something has changed in OpenCMS, or my config has something special
(which I didn't found).
So the module works perfectly (to be known), and if your worplace.properties
don't want to load, put it in your own dir.

I'll be glad to ear opinions about why
/system/modules/org.opencms.default/classes/com/opencms/workplace/workplace.
properties is not copied down to filesystem ...

Regards, and thanks a lot Olli for your help.

Guillaume.

---