[opencms-dev] Installation Problems: OpenCms initialization error!

Jovanka Pangestu jupangestu at thalesraytheon-us.com
Sat Jul 26 00:03:01 CEST 2003

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  Your suggestion of setting the host to '%' for
the user used by OpenCMS to connect to MySQL really did the trick!  I
set the host of one of my root user to '%' and went through the OpenCMS
setup wizard one more time using the root user.  Then I finished the
install, and went to this page:
http://[my server ip address]:8080/opencms/opencms/index.jsp
Instead of a long list of errors, I saw the congratulations page of
OpenCMS install.

I tried setting the file.encoding in $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh, but
that still did not work for me.  So I just went back to the old way,
which was setting CATALINA_OPTS to the encoding used by OpenCMS in my
tomcat4.conf file, which works for me.

Thanks again for your help.

- Jovanka