[opencms-dev] Can not find projectId error

Pat Myers wpmyers at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 19:05:02 CEST 2003

I have been receiving the following error:

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed error: Can
not read projectId of tempfileproject for creating temporary file for
editing! java.lang.NumberFormatException: null.

when I create a 'Page' type document and try to edit the page or the
source code.  If I look at the details from the install I can see that
the temp project was created as a project with an Id of 3.  I assume
that it uses the configuration file of registry.xml to specify this Id
but then i look at the registry.xml setting for this I only see:

<tempfileproject></tempfileproject>

No Id is specified there, which is why I suppose it is getting the
NumberFormatException of for null.  My confusion is because there was no
error during the install to specify that there are some incorrect
permissions or the otherwise so that the registry.xml could not be
edited.  Can someone please enlighten me on this problem and perhaps
check out your own registry.xml to see if there is some sort of Id
specified there.  Maybe I can just modify this configuration and it will
work.

I have seen the previous errors posted but there doesn't really seem to
be an answer.  Seems like people just kept reinstalling until it
worked.  I am using OpenCMS 5.0.0, MySQL 4.0.13, and Tomcat 4.1.24 on a
Redhat Linux 8.0 box.

Thank you (Any help is appreciated),
Pat Myers