[opencms-dev] Big issue : how to deal with rights and projects ?

Apostoly Guillaume ApostolyG at mail.europcar.com
Wed Jul 30 10:24:02 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I've got, lets say, three folders : TeamFolder1, TeamFolder2, TeamFolder3,
on my website.
I've got three actual teams, Team1, Team2, Team3, wich must have access for
updating and publishing their folders and only their folders.

What i've done now is:
- define Project1, Project2,Project3, limited to the respective folders
- define Group1, Group2, Group3, and put some users into thoose Groups.
- chang group for the Folders (ex: TeamFolder1, Group1).

The problem is :
- the users have the correct access rights to create and modify contents, on
a directory perspective but,
    -> if the users are not project manager they can't publish anything
    -> if the users ARE project manager they can publish ALL projects (which
I don't want)

Sso how must i implement my users to deal with that ??

Guillaume APOSTOLY
Business-Analyst EIS-BSD
Tél: +33 (0)1.30.44.95.22
Fax: +33 (0)1.30.44.98.08