[opencms-dev] Resin support and alternatives

G.Nagarajan gnagarajan at dkf.de
Tue Aug 5 12:00:04 CEST 2003

hi,

I am having the following setup

   - Resin (static pages, jsp, servlets)
   - JBoss
   - Postgres

we have a lot of jsp pages which must be editable.
For this, we have planned to use OpenCMS and thereby
provide the users an option to edit the pages. while
installing openCMS, I noted the following:

   1. Mysql is needed
   2. OpenCMS does not run with Resin

The first point was solved by installing MySQL and the
second one by installing Tomcat 4.x. This means that
I have the following

    - Resin listening on port 80
    - Tomcat listening on port 8000

The following possibilities exist now

    - put the links to the OpenCMS pages with something like
     http://212.172.201.35:8000/start.jsp etc

    - "Publish" the jsp pages directly to the resin folder. This means
      that the links stay as they are, ex "/start.jsp" etc.

Following the second options I have the following questions:

1. How do I put only specific jsp pages into OpenCMS, ex
     /usr/local/apache/htdocs/who/start.jsp? Ideally I would like to
   have a project which contains only these pages.

2. How to export the JSP pages so that they will work as in Tomcat with
   the jsp templates etc? Which jar files, classes etc should be copied?

3. Are there any other alternatives which are simple and transparent to
   the user?

Thanks,
Nagarajan.