[opencms-dev] OpenCMS & JDOM (2) HELP!

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Wed Aug 6 17:53:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

it seems OpenCMS has problems with JDOM. Does anybody know about this issue?
I have the following sourcecode running (triggered from a Java Bean).

I have integrated the jdom jars in the CLASSPATH Windows Enviroronment
variable and I also copied it into <TOMCAT_PATH>/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib

Every jar in this lib should automatically be integrated into the OpenCMS
environment. I should be able to use all class files after that. However it
looks like either (or both)

1) OpenCMS does not find the XPATH class of one of the jars
2) OpenCMS has serious problems with JDOM since because i.e. it interferes
with other DOM classes

The exception stacktrace is (displayed in the webpage):

javax.servlet.ServletException: Resource loader error in file
'/Test/testjavaserverpagefile'

Root cause:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org/jdom/xpath/XPath
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241).....(and so on)

What does this exception actually mean?
What is the reasion of this exception in relation with the XPath class?
Do I need to provide the path to that package in a different way?
Any other ideas?

Any help would be highly appreciated,
Ralf