[opencms-dev] OpenCMS & JDOM (2) HELP!

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 12:03:02 CEST 2003

Thank you very much for your help. It turns out that I basically did not
copy every class file in the lib directory. So it was a pure path problem. Thank
you for your advice. I will use this tips for future problems.

Ralf

> While it is possible, it is unlikely that OpenCMS has any inherent
> problems with JDOM.
>
> The error you pointed out is unfortunately a little vague, and can be
> caused by many different factors, including things like
> NullPointerExceptions thrown from your code -- in other words, it does
> not always indicate a problem with the class you are trying to include.
>
> While you did put the jar in a place where it could find it, the
> preferred way of adding a jar is to add it to the /lib directory (in the
> VFS) of the module you are working on. I doubt that is the source of
> your problem, though, as it basically copies the jar into the
> WEB-INF/libs directory on the real FS.
>
> Anyway, a few questions that might help you debug:
>
> 1) Can you load any other classes from the jar?
> 2) Can you write a very simple script that just instantiates the class
> (I have no idea what your existing code looks like)
> 3) Did you check the tomcat logs to see if there is any more detail?
> Sometimes errors get logged there and don't show up in the browser.
> 4) Can you wrap the relevant portion of code in a try/catch block and
> catch the exception before OpenCMS. Sometimes you get more info that
> way.
> 5) If you think it's JDOM, can you load another jar by going through the
> same steps you've taken?
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Matt
>
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 09:32, ambiesense at gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it seems OpenCMS has problems with JDOM. Does anybody know about this
> issue?
> > I have the following sourcecode running (triggered from a Java Bean).
> >
> > I have integrated the jdom jars in the CLASSPATH Windows Enviroronment
> > variable and I also copied it into
> <TOMCAT_PATH>/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib
> >
> > Every jar in this lib should automatically be integrated into the
> OpenCMS
> > environment. I should be able to use all class files after that. However
> it
> > looks like either (or both)
> >
> > 1) OpenCMS does not find the XPATH class of one of the jars
> > 2) OpenCMS has serious problems with JDOM since because i.e. it
> interferes
> > with other DOM classes
> >
> > The exception stacktrace is (displayed in the webpage):
> >
> > javax.servlet.ServletException: Resource loader error in file
> > '/Test/testjavaserverpagefile'
> >
> > Root cause:
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org/jdom/xpath/XPath
> > 	at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)