[opencms-dev] Write a file into the VFS

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 17:05:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

can somebody provide a code example of how to write a file into the VFS of
OpenCMS?

CmsFile myFile = new CmsFile("/Test/test.txt");

Would be my wish. However the constructor asks for many IDs and additional
information. I understand that this is necessary in order to privde
consistency within the system. However I do not know how to get this id's and flags
from the position where I want to put the file.

Is the parentID the id of the directory?
What are the resourceFlags?

I think one short exampe from an expert here in this forum whould help
resolving a lot of problems.

Thank you,
Ralf