[opencms-dev] Image and class Conventions

John Stanford White jswhite at ieee.org
Sat Aug 9 00:46:01 CEST 2003

Hello Folks,

What is the convention for images, and class files in OpenCMS?
1.  For project specific images (not part of a template) - do I put them in
a subdirectory of the project e.g. images?
or is there somewhere else I put them?

2.  The wysiwig editor (LEdit) seems somewhat aware of OpenCMS, but when I
insert an image, whenever I use the browse button to find the image source,
it places a file://someimage.jpg link in the source.  Can one actually
browse for the image in OpenCMS vfs?  What I end up doing is editing the
source for the page.  Surely I am doing something wrong.

3.  What about class files?  Do I create a module with a class subdirectory
for export and store it there?
  I got around earlier problems using custom beans by installing the class
file directly on
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/classes/package_name_subdirectory.
This is clearly not the ideal solution.

Thanks for your comments.

John Stanford White
917-576-6264 (cell)