[opencms-dev] Real Client IP address in Open CMS

Huber Heinrich heinrich.j.huber at siemens.com
Mon Aug 11 10:26:01 CEST 2003

Dear Users,

we have an installed and running Client-server connection with Apache Tomcat
4.1.x and we use OpenCMS version 5.0 on a Windows XP platform.

For Client identification, we would like to find out the Clients real
IP-address (not the local host address = 127.0.0.1) by using a particular
Open-CMS method. Is this principally possible and could you provide us
information for proceeding? If this it not possible by OpenCMS, could we
access the real IP information from Tomcat?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much for your support

Best regards
Heinrich