[opencms-dev] Storing Client information in the virtual file system of Open CMS (MySQL)

Huber Heinrich heinrich.j.huber at siemens.com
Mon Aug 11 10:51:01 CEST 2003

Dear Users,

we have an installed and running Client-server connection with Apache Tomcat
4.1.x and we use OpenCMS version 5.0 on a Windows XP platform.

After we have read out particular Client information (Time-zone, ...), we
would like to store it in the data base of OpenCMS (i.e. on server) so that
it possible to read it out, use and process it later on.

In particular:

-) How to store the client information in the MYSQL data base which can be
read by OpenCMS. Is there any way to append the Client information to an
existing file (e.g. to a text file)?

-) How to retrieve this information out of the generated MySQL file. (and
only this particular stored client information and not other information in
this file)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much for your support

Best regards
Heinrich