[opencms-dev] Password protected areas of the website.

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Wed Aug 13 09:15:00 CEST 2003

Hi Matt,

> Actually... it's a late night, here. :(

sorry for that and a goo night ;-)

> Good! I posted a question there a few days ago, and I wanted to see if
> it had been answered. On the other hand, I spent a while looking at
> your new site, and while my German isn't very good, I was pretty
> impressed with it.

thx a lot, actually there are too much mistakes and little errors on it
for integrating it into the Reference Pages at opencms.org. But soon i`ll
do that (after a nightly debug session i hope :-( )
> Interesting. How did you do the ACLs? Do you base the rules on the CMS
> permissions or something else?

I made a Ruleset which is configurable, so i can define my own rules, or
even make some Opencms Rules with this. The enhance is to have it each
time for making some security things.
> I was looking at it a bit tonight and wondering why you hadn't released
> it as a module. ;-)

this will come soon. Rene and me had done a lot of development, but it is
on mine to make it ready for a first little module. After this first
module i`ll try to make a vote or a list for features to integrate because
a calendar is a highly important module for a backoffice. I thaught about
things like synchronize the several entries when a user list is needed and
or little enhancements...
Well, lot of work but no time left, like every day :-(

Bye Achim