[opencms-dev] Import Problem

Toralf Ohme t at ohme.de
Wed Aug 13 16:49:01 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I'm new to OpenCms and I've got a problem to import a project from
another OpenCms system into my own. I was provided with a 54 MB ZIP File
that should include all the relevant data. What I did is, I opened the
import dialogue and chose 'import from local computer'. The import
started and a new dialogue opened showing the progress of the import.
However, when the import gets around file 4250 of 4700 it sort of fades
out. The dialogue box stays there forever and it doesn't move on to
import any further files. I can log out and log in again and the system
is still running, but it shows system errors especially in the
administration view as there are incomplete backoffice modules from the
incomplete import.

I tried to import on two different machines. One is Intel PIII 1 GHz,
256 MB RAM running Win XP Professional, Java 2 SDK 1.2.4 (set to
-Xmx256M), MySQL 4.0 (set to --max_allowed_packet=64M) and Tomcat 4.1.
The other one is a Linux box with similar configuration except for the
Win XP. Both showed the same kind of problem.

Is this a problem with the ZIP file? (I already tried two different
files) Or does the problem relate more likely to the hardware/software
configurations?

Did anybody experience similar problems before? What other options are
there, to get a project provided as a ZIP file imported into OpenCms?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Toralf Ohme