[opencms-dev] Help please: Setting the StartProject of an user

Armen Markarian markarian at inexweb.de
Thu Aug 14 13:39:01 CEST 2003

Hi, i have created an user via jsp. After logging the Project of the
user is the 'online'. So i think i should set the StartProject of the
user by the creating process? So i did this:

Hashtable additionalInfos			= new Hashtable();
additionalInfos.put(I_CmsConstants.C_ADDITIONAL_INFO_TOWN,"Neuss");
additionalInfos.put(I_CmsConstants.C_ADDITIONAL_INFO_ZIPCODE,"41460");
additionalInfos.put(I_CmsConstants.C_ADDITIONAL_INFO_STARTSETTINGS,"{Sta
rtProject=14}");

Also i tested this:

Hashtable additionalInfos			= new Hashtable();
additionalInfos.put(I_CmsConstants.C_ADDITIONAL_INFO_TOWN,"Neuss");
additionalInfos.put(I_CmsConstants.C_ADDITIONAL_INFO_ZIPCODE,"41460");
additionalInfos.put(I_CmsConstants.C_ADDITIONAL_INFO_STARTSETTINGS,"Star
tProject=14");

Trying to log the user, i get an exception!

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed error:
CmsException ID: 0.
root cause was java.lang.ClassCastException

This is an out from the DB-Table CMS_USERS for an user that works well!
Notify: The StartProject of this user is set by the workplace!

{USER_EXPLORERSETTINGS=519, USER_STARTSETTINGS={StartAccessFlags=511,
StartView=/system/workplace/action/explorer_new.html, StartLanguage=en,
StartLockDialog=, StartDefaultGroup=HCCUser, StartProject=14},
USER_TOWN=Neuss, USER_TASKSETTINGS={task.filter.=a1, TaskMessages=15,
TaskViewAll=false}, USER_ZIPCODE=41460}

What i'm doing wrong above?

Best regards

Armen