[opencms-dev] view modules

Jan Moons Jan.Moons at egova.com
Wed Sep 3 15:43:01 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I want to build a new view module. Where do I start? Surely there must be people who have already done this. Alkacon people maybe?  I looked at the info in the manual about "backoffice modules", "the master module" and "core development". None of them were really helpful. I have asked this before a couple of times before. Isn't there anyone that has a clue how to create a new view module? Or will I be the first one?

Here's what I want to do to start:

"The module doesn't really have to be earth-shocking. Let's say it only has to be the explorer view, without the documents part (the right pane). I guess I only have to copy paste the current explorer view module. Delete the part in the .jsp that refers to the documents and build it as a new view module, and then upload it. It can't be that hard now can it. Set me on my way, and it will be the start of opencms as a document management system. Has anybody, really anybody built a view module yet? Let me know. there is a young man's dream at stake here. You could for instance point out where the explorer view module jsp resides (I have the source in front of me), how I can build the module and define it as a view module(via the "new module" option in module management?). Anything helps. Thanks.". If this is not possible an empty view module would be a good start too.

If this is not possible an empty view module would be a good start too.

As always. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jan Moons

Jan Moons
Analist