[opencms-dev] Bug in CmsJspActionElement.include ?

A. Schirmacher nn4l at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 5 08:09:01 CEST 2003

I have set up a template with two main content areas,
the second one holds a brief "abstract" text.

I want to display an overview page, which has a list
of all "abstract" text, plus a link to the full
article.

The overview page is currently in the same directory
as the articles and has an abstract too. Which is of
course pointless, but I get strange effects here and I
believe this is a bug.

Here's the code for the overview page (jsptemplate).
The getResource string is always correct (it is the
uri for the articles), but the abstract of the
overview page is displayed only if it is first in the
navigation. In all other cases the abstract of the
previous article is displayed instead.

This should not be the case. I think
cms.include(ne.getResourceName(), ..) should always
include the thing defined by getResourceName, and it
should never return a previous object.

    com.opencms.flex.jsp.CmsJspActionElement cms = new
CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);

    // List of all pages / subfolders (sorted by
NavPos property)

    java.util.ArrayList list =
cms.getNavigation().getNavigationForFolder();
    java.util.Iterator i = list.iterator();

    while (i.hasNext()) {
    	CmsJspNavElement ne = (CmsJspNavElement)i.next();
        out.println("getResourceName: " +
ne.getResourceName() + "<br>");
	cms.include(ne.getResourceName(), "abstract");
        out.println("<p>");
    }