[opencms-dev] Copying and Pasting from Word

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Tue Sep 9 08:36:00 CEST 2003

We have used OpenCMS to build a website, but are copying a lot of documents
out of Microsoft Word format.  Unfortunately, when we paste into the HTML
Editor it copies all of the font sizes and styles from the Word document.
We have created a style sheet that sets up a standard font, size, colour
etc., but since Word inserts it's own styles into the document, our style
sheet is overridden.
Has anybody else had to deal with this problem?  Is there an open source
HTML scrubbing tool that can remove the unnecessary styles, or any other way
to copy from Word without taking the formatting?
Brett Beaumont
Technical Consultant
Sytec Resources Limited