[opencms-dev] expert opinion wanted

Jan Moons Jan.Moons at egova.com
Thu Sep 11 15:21:01 CEST 2003

Okay, I have the following question from a customer. I would like some advice from the experts here.

The customer wants a website that can serve as a reference site for environmental legislation. The site (front-end) must be able to reference the articals from two viewpoints, one from a legislative (lawyer) point of view, and one from a non-lawyer point of view. Each point of view should have a variety of ways to find relevant articles. e.g. the lawyer-view  should be able to find articles based on
* date of publication of the law
* date of coming in to force of the law
* based on article number
* based on subject category (in several levels e.g. taxes>pollution>water-pollution)
* based on keywords

the same goes for the non-lawyer view.

There should thus be a way in the backoffice to assign articles to these different categories by choosing from a list, to assign dates etc. My question is: is this possible now or with minimal adjustment of the workplace?

Suppose I can assign these articles to their categories, is it possible to easily create the navigation and search part of the site?

Is it easy to let the legislative articles reference other documents of interest?

Does one define the links with other articles when creating a new page, or is it possible to create a jsp template where there is room for the aforementioned links?

A lot of questions, but I'm sure they are not that hard to answer. As always, any opinions greatly appreciated.