[opencms-dev] JSP - forward?

BOMMERSBACH, Axel a.bommersbach at bell-europe.com
Fri Sep 12 19:15:01 CEST 2003

Hi,
well I'm looking for a CMS to use and because I would like to get some JSP's working I installed openCMS.

Now my question. Actually it seems like openCMS could be useful for me but there's still the problem that the documentation says I cannot use "forward" in JSP's. I'm sure there is a way, maybe not an elegant one, to put a forward-mechanism into a JSP. I mean, when I plan a workflow, then I need that mechanism.
How would you implement processes where the user enters information via a few pages (the user information on the first page, some more detailed informationen on the second page and more detailed information on the third page - if there is an error on one page, you need to forward to the former page.
Or can I use servlets which make sure the flow gets right???

Thanks, Axel