[opencms-dev] FAQ module

Rene Hinojosa r_hinojosa at Cityofsouthfield.com
Tue Sep 16 00:42:01 CEST 2003

Greetings Sri,

There are very good sources for learning on how to create modules:
1. first one is the downloadable documentation from opemcms(jsp module how-to)

2. the second is a very good tutorial on how to develop the backend admin modules. The website is http://opencms.al-arenal.de/

I've learned all from these two sites. i suggest going through both tutorial(vtab and dbtab example source is included) on al-arenal.de. they provide a wealth of info on creating the ContectDefintion which provides the methods you need to pull info from the database.

Rene

<<< SAddala at ifmc.org              >>>
Hi Rene,
How are you doing? My name is Sri Addala. I am in the process of
evaluating OpenCMS for a web site we work on. We have a few custom
content types so we will end of up writing lot of Content Definitions (I
am experienced with a few other content management systems) since I am
starting new on OpenCMS, it would be great help for me to take a look at
some code and learn. I was wondering if you are willing to share the FAQ
module source code with me and any other code or ideas in learning to
write our own content definitions and back office modules and templates
etc. Please let me know.

What type of web site do you work on using OpenCMS? just curious.

Thank You,
Sri Addala.