[opencms-dev] How to run OpenCMS under shared hosting environment?

Marc Fellows marc.fellows at stacs.bham.sch.uk
Wed Sep 24 14:53:03 CEST 2003

Hi List,

I have been trawling the OpenCMS mailing list archive without result for
a solution to a problem, namely, the failure of OpenCMS during
installation due to a access rights violation with the Tomcat security
manager (the cause of the error message when trying to access the
java.system.getProperties() method).

In my case our shared hosting environment (Ensim webappliance -
www.ensim.com) is to blame, as I've been informed by our hosting company
that tomcat is not ideal for such environments all jsp's are run as one
user. With Ensim I have access only to web.xml, and not server.xml or
Catalina.policy.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue in a shared environment, and
if so, can you provide me with the steps taken to resolve it?

Any information you may be able to furnish me with will be gratefully
appreciated as this is a real bind that came up late in the day!

Regards

Marc Fellows

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation