[opencms-dev] How to invoke a JSP-based module in the administration view

Laurent Gauthier lgauthier at opnworks.com
Thu Sep 25 16:07:00 CEST 2003

We have implemented an OpenCMS module as a series of Java classes, beans
and JSPs.

We can invoke and run all my pages from the explorer view but are
missing info on how to invoke my JSP pages and templates from the admin
view. We got as far as displaying an icon and even putting up a blank
page when clicking on the icon but gave up trying to understand how to
go further unless we get an example or some documentation.

We looked at the news module but it uses XML templates and it appears
too complicated considering we already have all the desired
fucntionality in Java/JSP. OpenCMS complains that the templates are not
of type WORKPLACE or something like that.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

On another note, we should soon release an OpenCMS proof-of-concept
module to create and deliver dynamic forms. You specify the form in XML
and retrieve the results as csv or other format. Interested parties
should contact us. We could use help or $$ to complete the work.

Laurent
www.opnworks.com