[opencms-dev] jsp pages and templates

A. Schirmacher nn4l at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 26 19:52:01 CEST 2003

What is the correct way to write jsp pages so that
they share the same layout as the html pages?

Currently I'm using the approach described below. It
works but it seems to be awkward and sub-optimal.

filename:

/myproject/login/register.jsp

Content:

<%@ page session="false" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms"
uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<cms:include
file="/opencms/opencms/system/modules/de.mydomain.myproject/jsptemplates/register.jsp"
/>

The file jsptemplates/register.jsp is almost identical
to the jsptemplates/master.jsp which I call from the
template/master file. The latter one has the line

<cms:include element="body" />

which includes my html page, whereas register.jsp has

<cms:include file="../elements/register.jsp" />

and this file finally has the actual jsp code I want
to run.

I think this is way too complex. But I could not
figure out a simpler way.

What I want to accomplish: an easy way to display jsp
pages in the content area of the website, while
keeping one single template file for both html and jsp
pages.

Please advise.