[opencms-dev] customize input templates

Sunil A V avsunil at cisco.com
Fri Oct 3 07:26:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

Go to any folder and click on Add (New) icon in the toolbars list. Select
'page' and click continue. I refer to the page that comes up as 'Input
template'.
I have various modules like - 'News', 'Seminars', ' Events'. I want to
customize the input templates for each module.

1> I know that if we have to make our own input templates we need to write
lot of code - like content definition classes,backoffice classes,etc. If
this is the only way then on an average how much effort does this estimate
to per module? [superficially]

2> Alternately can I just the names of the literals like
'Name' to 'News Heading'
'Title' to 'News title'
I also want to remove off 'Keywords', 'Description','add to navigation'
Is this possible. What all changes it might involve [any db changes also]?

Thanks,
Sunil