[opencms-dev] Charset issue

Alain Bergevin abergevin at pyxis-tech.com
Wed Oct 8 23:00:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have a what seems to be a charset issue with OpenCMS 5.0 using french
characters. Whenever I type a french character in a form, it was translated
to some other character (i.e. a "é" becomes "/"). I changed the encoding to
UTF-8, which successfully solved this problem.

Now, I have this issue again, when trying to display french characters
inside JSPs. Every "é" are displayed as "?". I tried to change the page
encoding to UTF-8, without success. I also tried to add a property on the
page (content-encoding), no luck neither.

Regards
Alain