[opencms-dev] Horrid start

Tim Pizey opencms at paneris.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 01:34:02 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 10:13 pm, Thorsten K. Zeiller wrote:
> Bizarre?
>
> I think your approach to CMS is bizarre!
> You should leave the evaluation of OpenCMS to people who are able to
> understand technical features. I cannot imagine any programmer or developer
> who is interested in a theoretical discussion about the form of publishing
> information how to install and use of a professional CMS!

I don't know any that aren't :)

> greetings
> Thorsten
>
> sorry, but I get upset when I have to deal with people that act like
> grammar school teachers ;-( , nobody is interested in the "antithesis of
> what the web is about" and i think the guys from Alkacon and the community
> are really doing a damned good job!!!

I did say that it made a strong first impression, I am very impressed with the
level of polish and preofessionalism, however the multiple downloads
and mixture of PDF/interactive modules/ webpages and the lack of
a quick start (README) meant that I have to spend a long time understanding
what I suspect is simple.

My problem is that I do not understand what problem OpenCMS solves,
this probably seems wierd to you guys who have been living and
breathing it for some time but I am having difficulty finding where to start.

I am not trying to be rude, or unappreciative, I am trying to give feedback
from a complete novice to the field.
Such feedback can sometimes be valuable, mine was meant to be,
even if I was venting off.

yours
Tim Pizey