[opencms-dev] Questions about opencms user-authentication

Ilja imhehenkamp at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 17:39:02 CEST 2003

Ok, while I'm still awaiting feedback on my problems setting up opencms:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q4/007535.html I have a
couple of questions regarding user-authentication:

As far as I understood, opencms uses a user, usergroup, userrole
mechanism right? Does it also make use of permissions? IE can you specify
per role/group where it's authorized for through the control panel?

And if yes: Can you also extend these permissions and setup your own
permissions for your custom modules?

Ilja