Running on Tomcat 5 [Was: Re: [opencms-dev] Ok, finally gonethrough the wizard, but guesswhat...]

Ilja imhehenkamp at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:23:01 CEST 2003

I tried installing opencms on Tomcat 4.1.27, the wizard went fine, but
when opening the index.jsp I get the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

Root cause:
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 34 Registry error. Detailed error:
couldn't init registry.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 21 XML parsing error.
Detailed error: Cannot parse XML file "null".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file..
      at com.opencms.file.CmsRegistry.(CmsRegistry.java:184)
      at
      com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.init(CmsResourceBroker.java:4203)
      at com.opencms.file.CmsRbManager.init(CmsRbManager.java:88)
      at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.(OpenCms.java:255)
      at
      com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.init(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:242)
      at
      org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

My registry.xml is totally blank, so that might be the problem?

Ilja