[opencms-dev] How browser-compatible is opencms?

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Oct 13 17:56:01 CEST 2003

Currently the back office requires ActiveX for the editor GUI, though
without it you can still edit the HTML tags. Also, it uses fairly
sophisticated JavaScript, and while the kHTML engine that Safari uses is
good at HTML rendering and CSS, its ECMAScript/JavaScript engine is a
little bit behind. I would expect to see that change in the near future,
as I know the developers are working hard on it (at least in KDE-land).

Anyway... both IE and Mozilla (or Netscape 6/7) will work fine for the
backoffice portion.

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>