[opencms-dev] Critical init error/5

Seji Thomas sthomas at cordiant.net
Tue Oct 14 07:47:01 CEST 2003

I was trying to implement the Lucene search scheduler for one of my module.
It gave me the following error 'crontable corrupt. Scheduler is now
disabled' in the opencms.log file. So then I tried changing the value for
the element 'searchbylucene' in registry.xml to 'off' in vi editor(My
OpenCMS OS is RedHat Linux 8.1). I saved and restarted Tomcat, tried the
index page of opencms. It started giving me error 500. Later I inspected the
registry.xml for any errors or missing values. Since I couldnt find any I
went for redeploying OpenCMS.

I would like to know how to get a WAR file of a module from OpenCMS VFS.

I was also encountering problems while trying to edit a Master Template (XML
Template) using WYSIWYG editor. What I was doing was - copying a Master
Template to generate a new template. This new copied template was opened in
the WYSIWYG editor and modified & saved. When I tried applying this template
to build my pages it was'nt showing up proper. I looked in to the source
code for this Template. What I was able to observe was at one point in the
file where the CDATA section should end like ']]>'  was instead seen as
']]>' and the element tag instead of appearing as <element name="body"/>
appeared as <element name="body" >. I changed this and it started working.
But every time I make changes to the Template I have to follow these
corrective actions. It appears to me as a program bug.

Thanks & Regards,
Seji Thomas