[opencms-dev] Critical init error/5

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed Oct 15 05:16:00 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 11:13, Seji Thomas wrote:
> I was trying to implement the Lucene search scheduler for one of my module.
> It gave me the following error 'crontable corrupt. Scheduler is now
> disabled' in the opencms.log file.

This usually means the crontab line was not correct and could not be
parsed. Worst case, deleting that line should fix the scheduler...
well... I guess _really_ worst case, you would have to go into the
database and clean the table.

> So then I tried changing the value for
> the element 'searchbylucene' in registry.xml to 'off' in vi editor(My
> OpenCMS OS is RedHat Linux 8.1). I saved and restarted Tomcat, tried the
> index page of opencms. It started giving me error 500. Later I inspected the
> registry.xml for any errors or missing values. Since I couldnt find any I
> went for redeploying OpenCMS.

THere should be an error in the logs that corresponds to this 500 error.
if it was an XML parsing error, the message will likely tell you exactly
where the problem is.

> I would like to know how to get a WAR file of a module from OpenCMS VFS.
>
> I was also encountering problems while trying to edit a Master Template (XML
> Template) using WYSIWYG editor. What I was doing was - copying a Master
> Template to generate a new template. This new copied template was opened in
> the WYSIWYG editor and modified & saved. When I tried applying this template
> to build my pages it was'nt showing up proper. I looked in to the source
> code for this Template. What I was able to observe was at one point in the
> file where the CDATA section should end like ']]>'  was instead seen as
> ']]>' and the element tag instead of appearing as <element name="body"/>
> appeared as <element name="body" >. I changed this and it started working.
> But every time I make changes to the Template I have to follow these
> corrective actions. It appears to me as a program bug.

Sorry... can't help on that one....

Matt
--
M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>