[opencms-dev] Can't get past login screen

John Smith temp4711 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:49:02 CEST 2003

Just installed OpenCMS. Looks impressive.

I can login fine from my laptop on my home LAN behind my firewall. However,
when a colleague tries to login remotely from the outside he can't get past
the login screen. After entering username and password on the login page
http://servername:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login

he gets kicked back to the login page, user/pw fields emptied, but at
http://servername:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html?login=true

Here it just goes around and around, can't get past it.

Thought there may be some kind of ip-limiting security, but I can't find
anything like that.

Any ideas, anyone?