Running on Tomcat 5 [Was: Re: [opencms-dev] Ok, finally ...

Vincent Knecht vince at iefr.ath.cx
Wed Oct 15 22:33:01 CEST 2003

Le mer 15/10/2003 à 21:00, Ilja a écrit :

> I'm getting tired of it, I keep on getting problems and no-one seems to
> know why. Responsiveness is minimal, I thought this was a support-list?
>
> Ilja

Hi

just a thought (followed by others ;-), as i had similar problems (like
install goes fine, but connection fails), i came to the point that mysql
didn't support the encoding i choose (8859-15) for JVM and OpenCMS.
I had to really look at the backtraces or logs to find this so double
check this through any log you have.
It is rather strange tough since i had the installed (and used a little)
the same opencms version on the same system twice or more with my
prefered encoding.

About tomcat 5 specifics, i know nothing about, since i just sticked to
the install instructions and used tomcat 4.x. Since v5 isn't mentioned
to be even 'likely to work, but (experimental|not tested), you could
expect this kind of behavior.
I know this for my tries to get opencms to works with jboss
(http://www.jboss.org). And i soon will try with BigApache
(http://www.bigapache.org).

It would be so cool if you were to summarize all the points you
encoutered until the blocking step, and post it to this list and/or
the forums for helpers,developers and adventurers like you.

Anyway, maybe the opencms devs could give their point of view about
opencms compared with new Servlets 2.4 / JSP 2.0 specs implemented
by tomcat 5 ?