[opencms-dev] Large number of users

Nathan Sweaney Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu
Fri Oct 17 16:57:00 CEST 2003

Olli, that sounds very much like what I'd like to do.  Being a
university setting, our departments suggest very obvious breaks for
different projects.  I'm still very new to OpenCMS, but what I'm
understanding is that everyone in the department could be editors, but
there'd need to be one from each department that was a project manager
to actually publish content.  Is that correct?

Also, if you have that many users, have you found a way to use an
existing user tree, or did you create them all specifically for
OpenCMS?

Thanks

>>> olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk 10/17/03 04:11AM >>>
Matt,

How we have got around that is to have a project for each editorial
area and
then sign editors and project managers for these particular projects
(so
they can operate only within those content areas) - works really well.

We have used OpenCms for various community projects with a lot of users
and
are very happy with the performance. The largest site has approx. 6000
web
users and around 100 of them update content regularly.

Regards,

Olli

Novell
> > network.  Has anyone done anything like this?
> >
> > Nathan Sweaney
> > Web Content Manager
> > Oklahoma Baptist University
> > Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu