[opencms-dev] Opencms tomcat and Apache

ron rdekker at solair1.inter.nl.net
Sat Oct 25 19:53:02 CEST 2003

Hello list,  I've  installed a few days ago the latest Opencms on my suse 8.2 box.

Software Apace: 1.3.27-38

Tomcat: 4.1.18-25

location Tomcat : /opt/Jakarta/tomcat

Default html home : /srv/www/htdocs

Opencms: 5

Tomcat works    ->         tested with http://mycomputer:8787 (I used 8787 because I already use 8080)

OpenCMS works            tested with http://mycomuper:8787/opencms/opencms I get the "congratulations" screen

What must I do to get Opencms with the url:      http://mydomain.com

I search the archive with httpd.conf, mod_jk.so, mod_webapps.so, redirect. etc.. and saw dozens of solutions.

I've tested f.i. with the options below

In httpd.conf

in loadmodule section -> Loadmodule jk_module  /.../mod_jk.so

in addmodule section -> AddModule mod_jk.c

Just above the virtual host section:

JkWorkersFile /opt/jakarta/tomcat/conf/workers.properties

JkLogFile /var/log/mod_jk.log

JkLogLevel error

Below Virtualhost section:

<VirtualHost My_IP_Number:8787>

  RewriteEngine on

  RewriteRule /(.*) /opencms/opencms/$1 [PT]

  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

  <Directory /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/opencms>

        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

        AllowOverride All

  </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

workers.properties: The default file with three adjustments:

workers.tomcat_home=/opt/jakarta/tomcat

workers.java_home=/user/lib/SunJava2-1.4

ps=/

All I get with:  http://mydomain.com is the default Suse system webpage

I saw a lot more configs and tested most of them but I can not get it working. Even the documentation couldn't help me What's  wrong?

(I'm a newbee please keep it simple)

Thanks Ron