[opencms-dev] Opencms tomcat and Apache Second try, first message was rubbish

ron rdekker at solair1.inter.nl.net
Sat Oct 25 20:10:01 CEST 2003

Hello List,  I've  installed a few days ago the latest Opencms on my suse 8.2 box.

Software Apace: 1.3.27-38
Tomcat: 4.1.18-25
location Tomcat : /opt/Jakarta/tomcat
Default html home : /srv/www/htdocs
Opencms: 5

Tomcat works ->
tested with http://mycomputer:8787 (I used 8787 because I already use 8080)

OpenCMS works ->
tested with http://mycomuper:8787/opencms/opencms I get the congratulations screen

What must I do to get Opencms with the url: http://mydomain.com

I search the archive with httpd.conf, mod_jk.so, mod_webapps.so,
redirect. etc.. and saw dozens of solutions.

I've tested fi with the options below

*****In httpd.conf*****
in loadmodule section -> Loadmodule jk_module  /.../mod_jk.so
in addmodule section -> AddModule mod_jk.c

*****Just above the virtual host section:*****
JkWorkersFile /opt/jakarta/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /var/log/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel error

*****Below Virtualhost section:*****
<VirtualHost My_IP_Number:8787>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule /(.*) /opencms/opencms/$1 [PT]
  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    <Directory /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/opencms>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

*****workers.properties: The default file with three adjustments:*****
workers.tomcat_home=/opt/jakarta/tomcat
workers.java_home=/user/lib/SunJava2-1.4
ps=/

*******

All I get with  http://my_ip_number is the default Suse system webpage

I saw a lot more configs and tested most of them but I can not get it working.
Even the documentation couldn't help me What's  wrong?

(I'm a newbee please keep it simple)

Thanks Ron