[opencms-dev] Please help me for news module with good documentation/tutorial

Isak-Rickyanto iseec2k at telkom.net
Mon Oct 27 13:54:02 CET 2003

Hello OpenCms friends..

I have know how to build website with OpenCMS and JSP
template mechanism by learn from documentation, sample
website.
But when I want to learn News module, I get trouble
because I can't find good / complete documentation for it.
I have search the mailis... but I still can't find enough
information to understand it. ( I found two news module
version but there is not any complete documentation from
both)

I have try the newsmodule 2.1 with Jsp template but I
can't understand clearly. Sorry, because I have search the
mailist and forum but still can not understand clearly the
news module.

I have installed both module (newsmodule 2.1 with
jsptemplate and newsmodule 2.0(with WYSYWYG editor from
opencms.al-arenal.de). The first one i can understand
partly, but my news.jsp don't show anything. I have
populate database from news.sql and add channel and add
news but the news.jsp show nothing.

The second one... I dont understand because It use
XMLTemplate mechanism.. and it only give explanation how
to install the news module.

I hope there is someone who can make tutorial and good
documentation for how to implement news module in
systematic way.

Thank you very much....
"Instan Diskon Setiap Hari"...
Setiap hari jam 10 malam sampai jam 7 pagi
Dan setiap Hari Libur..
berlaku mulai 1 September - 31 Desember 2003,
Khusus Jawa Timur...