AW: [opencms-dev] Information Push in OpenCMS ?

Riad Shalaby riad.shalaby at hannecke-its.de
Tue Oct 28 08:32:02 CET 2003

Hi

As far as i know a push over HTTP is not possible. Think about the usual
Firewall/Proxy Configurations there is no way to initiat a TCP
connection from the side of the webserver.

A common way to overcome these limitation is to use a meta tag.

e.g.:

this will let the browser refresh the page every 10 seconds. You can use
it even in a hidden frame.

hope that helps
    Riad Shalaby