[opencms-dev] question opencms

Ralf Bierig ambiesense at gmx.de
Fri Oct 31 18:21:01 CET 2003

Hi,

In case that your Java Virtual Machine uses a different encoding from your
OpenCMS encoding style, you need to change the encoding style of your Java
virtual machine. You do this by adding the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS
with the value “-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1” in your system. Restarting Tomcat /
Webserver and accessing the setup webpage again.

Cheers,
Ralf