[opencms-dev] starting the cms - folder structure?

Nigel Blake nigel_blake at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 3 14:54:01 CET 2003

Colleagues

When I get to the end of the installation process and the browser attempts
to invoke the cms, my web server can't find the files it needs to start.

The browser looks for opencms/system/index.jsp - I don't have an opencms
folder, the only index.jsp file I have invokes the install wizard from
$HTML_HOME/ocsetup.

Most of the my installation sits under $HTML_HOME/WEB-INF/ocsetup/vfs/system

This folder structure leaves everything apart from the usual directories
under WEB-INF inaccessbible to the web server. Even if I move the whole
.../system directory structure to $HTML_HOME/system I have no idea of what
files are needed to invoke the cms. (I have looked around the mailing list
and have not come up with similar problem)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

(Mysql is correctly populated and Tomcat is working. )

Many thanks in advance.

Nigel