[opencms-dev] Problems with starting up the product

Alex Bunardzic alexmyrmex at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 02:07:01 CET 2003

Hi all,

I'm new to this product (and to this list). I'm
experiencing problems starting the product. When I go
to:

http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/index.jsp

the system throws an exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization
error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up
and running?

MySQL is up and running at that point. However, when I
look into the Tomcat console, I see the following
error:

[Fatal Error] :1:40: Invalidencoding name "Cp1252".

How can I fix this error?

Thanks so much in advance!

Alex