[opencms-dev] Error on start after correct install

Francis ffraikin at met.wallonie.be
Wed Nov 5 17:51:01 CET 2003

After install of Opencms 5 on my Unix server (Solaris 8) with Oracle 8.17
and  JAVA (jsdk 1.4.2)

Webserver Apache 1.3 with Tomcat 4.1.24

The start of Opencms is on error

----

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

----

In the root cause of the error msg we can see

root cause

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed error:
Database init failed.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error.
Detailed error: Critical error while loading resourcebroker.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 34 Registry error. Detailed
error: couldn't init registry.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 21 XML parsing error. Detailed
error: Cannot parse XML file "null". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Premature end of file..

----

After deploying the war file with the Tomcat Manager I modify this :
            JDBC classes12.jar with nls_charset12.jar added in /lib of
opencms
            opencms.properties changed for ISO
            cmsshell.sh with the 2 jar added in the list

In the setup my choice is Generic SQl with user opencms/opencms , Tablespace
opencms/temp and driver jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:SID

The tables are installed in Oracle and the workplace seems to be install.

What's wrong

Francis