[opencms-dev] OpenCms Access like CmsShell - Experience?

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Tue Nov 11 14:15:01 CET 2003

Hi,

your approach is great but requires that OpenCms is triggering the
appliation. First you start OpenCms your wrapper is called automatically and your
appliation do something. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

What would I have to do if OpenCms (inside Tomcat) and my application shall
run independently. The basic problem is that I cannot allow OpenCms to start
the application. The application should start OpenCms and connect to the
singleton instance. To put it in other words my application  should use OpenCms
as a (very smart and function rich) persistency DB layer.

Any ideas?

Ralf